FDA ANNOUNCES DRUG SAFETY
LABELING CHANGE FOR TAXOTERE
PACKAGING WILL NOW INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGE:
"CASES OF PERMANENT ALOPECIA HAVE BEEN REPORTED."
PERMANENT HAIR LOSS could result from use of Taxotere.
- According to Sanofi-Aventis, the makers of Taxotere, 3% of patients given Taxotere could experience permanent hair loss.
- This figure could rise as high as 6.3% when given in combination with other specific chemotherapy drugs.
The manufacturer of Taxotere ACTED NEGLIGENTLY class="bold margin10">
- Doctors and patients in the United States were never warned of the increased risk of permanent alopecia (hair loss) so the option of choosing a drug with less risk of permanent alopecia was never an option.
- Taxotere lawyers are questioning why doctors and patients were never warned of these risks.
- Given this information, many cancer patients may have chosen a drug which was just as effective but did not carry the risk of this devastating side effect.